There are some wonderful places you can visit during the daytime before visiting us in the evening. Toodyay Region has so much on offer. Located in the inner Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, Toodyay is only 90 minutes drive from the city of Perth.
- About Toodyay WA: Historic Toodyay – the jewel in the Avon Valley. The townsite of Toodyay is located approximately an hour’s drive east of Perth. The name is believed to be derived from the Aboriginal word “Duidgee” meaning “place of plenty”.
Toodyay’s Heritage: Founded in 1836 the town today still displays fine examples of 19th century history including the Old Courthouse, Connors Mill and Newcastle Gaol.
Toodyay Accommodation: Toodyay accommodation boasts a variety retreats, chalets and cabins to shady caravan parks with beautiful views. Stay in one of Toodyay’s charming old style hotels or spend a night or two in one of our delightful B&B’s.
Things to do in Toodyay: The main street of Toodyay offers a range of cafes, heritage pubs, gift and antique shops. Don’t miss out on a visit to the new speciality shops in the heart of town. Catch a ride on the miniature railway and don’t forget the numerous attractions and activities just out of town.
Dining out in Toodyay: Sit back and have a coffee or lunch at one of Toodyay’s cafés, tempt your taste buds with unique traditional European cuisine or enjoy a hearty country meal at one of our pubs. Duidgee Park on the Avon River offers picnic areas with gas BBQ’s.
- Toodyay Visitor Centre
Visit: 7 Piesse St Toodyay WA 6566
Phone: 08 9574 2435
Fax: 08 9574 2431
- Avon Valley National Park - The Avon Valley National Park is situated 23kms from Toodyay. The park features forests and granite outcrops with panoramic views of the Avon Valley. It provides a great opportunity to see a wide variety of birds and wildlife.
- Experience the Avon Valley - http://www.avonvalleywa.com.au/toodyay -Lots to see and lots to do
- Julimar State Forest - The Julimar State Forest covers an area of 28,600 hectares and consist of extensive Jarrah, Marri and Wandoo woodlands. Animals re-introduced to Julimar by the Department of Environment and Conservation's Western Shield program since 1992 include the Chuditch, Quenda, Woylies and the Tammar Wallaby.
- Cartref Park Country Gardens - ( Springtime flowers) Julimar - bookings and enquires (08) 95742295